This year at Essência do Vinho I was not able to taste a lot of wines. The venue is too small for the number of participants that the wine fair has these days. The ones I tried thought clearly show that there are some really good wines coming up to the market really soon.
There was a contest to elect the Top 10 Portuguese wines (at the fair of course). Ryan and Gabriella participated alongside a group of 20+ judges (including Spanish critic Jose Penin) to blind taste a group of wines and elect the The Top 10 Portuguese wines at the Essência do Vinho.
Top White Wine
Top Red Wines
- Scala Scoeli 2006 (+ Wishlist)
- Vinhas da Ira 2006 (+ Wishlist)
- Quinta Vale D. Maria 2006 (+ Wishlist)
- Quinta das Tecedeiras Reserva 2006 (+ Wishlist)
- Quanta Terra 2006 (+ Wishlist)
- Herdade dos Grous Reserva 2006 (+ Wishlist)
- CV 2006 (+ Wishlist)
Top Portuguese Port Wines
- Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage Port 2006 (+ Wishlist)
- Dow´s Quinta Senhora Da Ribeira Vintage 2006 (+ Wishlist)
I made sure to tag them all with ev2009 on adegga so you can easily find this list and add them to your wishlist.